Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Je t'aime Paris

So this past weekend was AMAZING!!!! I was able to head to the worlds prettiest city for a day and see some of the best sights ever. We started off the day Saturday morning at 3:00am to catch a bus that left at 4am. From there we drove for several hours, stopped at a rest stop for breakfast, drove for several more hours, and finally arrived in Paris around 9am.


Me in front of the Eiffel Tower

The beginning was a fast driving tour of the major sights of Paris. After that we stopped at the Eiffel Tour and got some beautiful pictures. I'm so glad that the weather was really nice in the morning. The clouds above the tower made it really pretty. Alyssa and I then decided that we wanted to go up the tower so we stood in line... and they're not like 3 people they're pretty long. We wanted to go up to the very top, but once we got up to buy our tickets they temporarily closed the top level. That was not so cool, but we did get to go up to 2nd floor. I will tell you this now. I probably would not have been able to make it to the top. I was scared at the 2nd level and that wasn't even half way up! From 2nd level you can see for miles. Everything looks so small.


The entrance to the Louvre.


When we finished at the tower we walked to the Louvre and I will tell you what everyone says is true. You could spend a week in there alone. 2 days if you didn't stop to look at anything, if you were just walking through it quickly. I got to see the Mona Lisa, but it wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. You can't get any closer than 15 feet and she's so small. I did get a few pictures of her, but because you can't take pictures with flash and everyone around you is pushing to take a picture just like you are you can't stand very still. This one came out ok, but it is by no means great.


Mona Lisa (no way right??)


We stayed at the Louvre for a few hours (which was not enough time for anything!!!!) and then we went out to sit and eat our lunch. During lunch I met a pigeon I named Jordan and fed him/her most of my lunch. Dang those birds can eat a lot. Speaking of eating. I had a banana nutella crepe and it was delicious! I would eat one of those everyday for the rest of my life if they were better for you.


My special friend Jordan


After the Louvre and lunch we went to try and shop... which was almost impossible! We could mostly only find souvenir shops and people on the side of the road. We did get a ton of good deals and I taught Alyssa to haggle. It was really fun... the people there were really easy about going cheaper on things they were selling. We met up with our group after that and went to an awesome restaurant where we got a 5 course meal followed by a cruise on the river. The whole trip was just spectacular... too bad we only had one day to enjoy it. I want a week to spend in Paris. I think I'd have enough time to really experience it in a week.

This is a part of our group and the people we sat with at dinner.

Last little update for everyone. I'm really glad I'm not a person who really breaks a ton of rules. I have discovered that I enjoy myself a whole lot more than some of the other girls who are here. Part of me feels as if this is because I know what is expected of me and instead of fighting against the rules (which we all knew about and signed before we even accepted the program) I work with them and do stuff I'm allowed to do. Some girls are getting in trouble for as they say "stupid things", but I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. I'm glad that I was raised to follow rules instead of griping about how they aren't fair.

Well that's the end of my little rant for the week. I am having a fabulous time here and even though I'm missing everyone I'm falling in love with the country. I would love to move you all here and stay here for the rest of my life.

LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment