Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost there!!!

Hey all! Life is pretty good over across seas! I've been thinking about things lately though. Big decisions I guess you could say. The "big" lady here, was talking to a few of us again today about coming over here and being directors and such. I'm really getting interested in it again. I'm not entirely sure what is going through my head, but it all sounds really good. The opportunity would be great and it would get me into what I want to do with DODS. I would love to teach with DODS (Department of Defense Schools) but getting in is really hard to almost impossible. So I could come over and be a director in something like SAC. The contract would be for 3 years and the pay is great. Being hired from the states they would give me a "living stipend" which means if I make 50k a year for my salary I would get 50k a year for things like an apartment, phone, internet, cable, and moving all of my things over here. Sounds like a great gig right?? I know it does, and I'm coming up with less and less reasons why it wouldn't be a good thing. I'm having problems coming up with cons. I just wanted to let everyone know what was kind of going through my head right now. Finding jobs in the US is not proving to be easy and with the person who hires people to come over trying to talk us all into becoming directors and such over here for her makes the whole idea a ton more appealing.

Now away from the job topic. I only have a few days left like I said before and that puts me at 1 weekend left for my time here in Germany. What am I doing with it? Absolutely nothing and it'll be amazing. I'll end up packing stuff for sure... like taking the stuff of my walls and figuring out how to get everything home. Hopefully it'll all fit in my bags. It's weird the things you can fit into 2 suitcases, a carry on, and a "personal item". I'm really excited to be home and yes in fact I am counting it down. Not the hours yet cause that's too many, but I only have 9 and 1/2 days of work left. Adding in those 2 days for the weekend I'm golden. 11 and 1/2 days will go really fast, but not fast enough. I wish tomorrow was the the 15th and I'd be getting on a plane tomorrow. Unfortunately it's not, but I think I'll live. Right? haha. Well maybe anyway.

I don't have much else to say... so I think I'll just end this where it is. I think you'll probably get 2 more posts out of me. next week I'll give you room transformation pictures :) It'll be a good time I think.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment